For Market Managers:
New resources are added to the top of the list.
- Frequently Asked Questions for Market Managers. Answered by FMMN Board Members.
- Webinar Recordings from Farmers Market Coalition cover a wide range of topics. See FMC's YouTube Channel
- Winning Grants with Logic Models- Improve Project Management and Evaluate Success - video
- Slide Show Presentation: Farmers’ Markets, Cottage Food & Food Processing Establishments - The session covers food safety and labeling requirements for home produced food to be sold at farmers' markets in Ohio. Learn what foods can be produced at home and which require a licensed facility and requirements for Market Managers.
- This year the number of farmers' markets accepting food assistance (EBT) has grown. If your market accepts the Ohio Direction Card make this link part of your outreach plan. The document contains a listing of all Ohio's participating markets by county. 2011 Farmers Markets accepting the Ohio Direction Card
- Creating a web site with WordPress for Markets, Farmers and Vendors: a basic guide through the basics of creating a free web site and customizing it for your market or farm
- Produce Safety at the Farm Market: A Guide for Farmers and Sellers
- Starting a Farmers’ Market the Right Way (free), The Rodale Institute
- The Rutgers Food Innovation Center's new online professional development course: Best Practices for Farmers Market Sponsors and Managers - These comprehensive, online courses provide the practical guidance that vendors and sponsors need to assure successful market operations.
- Recruiting Vendors For A Farmers Market: The Wallace Center publishes innovative ideas for markets and for small farmers. For some fresh ideas, check out their online resource library.
Read the Recruiting Vendors For A Farmers Market Publication
- The Ohio State University South Center's Growing! Ohio Farmers' Markets program is providing resources, education, training, and technical assistance to help all Ohio farmers' markets and vendors succeed in capturing a greater share of the growing demand by consumers for access to locally produced foods. Visit their website at www.ohiofarmersmarkets.osu.edu
- Inform your customers about the importance of protecting local farms for local food. Print the Farmland Protection Toolbox (pdf) and visit the Farmland Information Center for more great tools and resources.
- Measure your market's success. Check out the Sticky Economic Evaluation Device (SEED 2.0). SEED helps you conduct an economic analysis of your market's effect on the local economy.
- Check out the great resources available from the Farmers Market Coalition to get answers to all your questions: from getting your market started, to on-going farmers market management. Get the latest on farmers market issues on the state and federal level and get linked into the community to share what works at your farmers market.
- Check out Food Routes printable Fact Sheets to hand out to your farmers market customers.
- More resources coming soon. If you know of a resource that would be useful to other managers and vendors please email us.